Family Fun At Brewers Fayre

We were lucky enough to be invited along to the launch of Brewers Fayre’s new play area along with local families and bloggers at the Castlewood restaurant in near Mansfield the other week.

We were given a friendly welcome at the door, and instantly the whole family were made to feel at home.  The restaurant had a cosy feel inside, with a touch of the rustic about it giving it lots of character.  It was great that it had a large car park, there was plenty of spaces.  I like this when you’re planning a meal out with the family, it really takes the hassle out of it.

Castlewood Brewers Fayre

We headed through to the new Beano play area, and it was perfect for us as there was a section for small babies and toddlers, so Little Pudding had a space to play in, while Princess took to the toy cars and charging round the soft play.  They both had lots of fun.  When Princess was tired, she did some colouring.  There was face painting too, which the older kids really enjoyed.  Mine are just a bit too small to embrace it yet.

We were visited by old favourites, Dennis the Menace and Gnasher.  I have to say they were both looking very good for their age, if only I had weathered the years so well! Princess warmed to them in the end, giving Gnasher a friendly stroke over dinner.

play at brewers fayre

After lots of play, we took the girls to our table when they needed a rest.  We were really impressed with the large glass windows, as you could see everywhere in the play area, which would be handy when you had older children.  The glass was really sound proofed too, we honestly couldn’t hear a thing even though we were sat right next to where the kids were playing.  It was great.

Our food was lovely.  Princess had the sausages, and they didn’t touch the sides. These had a big thumbs up from her.  My Fish and Chips was lovely, and Daddy tucked into the Smothered Chicken.  We all had clean plates needless to say.

food at brewers fayre

Pudding was something else!  The lemon cheesecake was delicious, and was a very generous portion.  Daddy polished of his chocolate fudge cake, despite feeling a little flu-ey!  Princess was very impressed with her jelly.

It’s quite safe to say, we all had a lovely time.  It was a really friendly family restaurant, the service was lovely, we all enjoyed our food and it’s definitely somewhere we’d consider going back too.  Will you be joining Dennis and Gnasher sometime soon?

We were provided with a complimentary family meal and play session in return for this post

20 Responses to Family Fun At Brewers Fayre

1. Charlotte says:

I Would have been there if we still lived in Notts. instead we went to one near us a couple of weeks ago. My daughter loved Gnasher! x
    Charlotte recently posted…Share A Smile – Eeeesssshhhhkkkk!My Profile

2. what fantastic fun, I want to meet Gnasher lol x

3. lisa prince says:

this looks a great place to go, we have one clse by and ive not been yet but things like this is usually a treat as theres so many of us and it can be pricey, love beano

4. I keep reading about this Beano themed restaurant, they certainly seem to have done a lot of marketing through bloggers. Looks like fun.
    Phoebe @ Lou Messugo recently posted…Silent Sunday – 29 March 2015My Profile

5. Rachel says:

I dont even know if we have any of these in London x
    Rachel recently posted…Bourjois SS15 New LaunchesMy Profile

6. Louisa says:

It looks like great fun. I have fond memories of the beano and Dennis the Menace.

7. Sarah Bailey says:

What a great sounding event, how cool you got to meet Gnasher (and the others of course)!

8. Joanna Imran says:

Looks like you had some good fun! I love the play area, wish there were more places like this in my area x
    Joanna Imran recently posted…One hell of a journeyMy Profile

9. Michelle says:

What a fab place! Looks like the kids had a great time! xx
    Michelle recently posted…Fragrance Direct Beauty Haul!My Profile

10. can not go wrong with brewers fayre great price and alot for the kids too do!
    Mummys little blog recently posted…Me and Mine – MarchMy Profile

11. Globalmouse says:

We are all big fans of the beano so this sounds great…and the desserts in particular sound right up my street 😉

12. I really wish our local one had a soft play, would make eating out much easier.
    Looks like a great day and good value too.
    Clare Nicholas recently posted…Recipe: Home-Made Hot Cross BunsMy Profile

13. Lori says:

This looks like a fun place to eat with kids and I haven’t seen dennis the menace since I was a kid! x
    Lori recently posted…WIN DESIGN LSA BAR PUNCH JUG SET WITH OCCA-HOMEMy Profile

14. Sonya Cisco says:

Ooh sounds nice, will have to find out where our nearest one is!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Our House – The KitchenMy Profile

15. Kara says:

Looks like you had lots of fun – our local one is in desperate need of a makeover
    Kara recently posted…A Perfect Family Weekend in LondonMy Profile

16. Erica Price says:

My son loves the Beano so Brewer’s Fayre is always popular with him.

17. We used to take the children to Brewers Fayre’s a lot when they were younger, great places. Looks as though you had a lot of fun! 🙂
    Cherished By Me recently posted…Win a Nutrimaster Blender ProMy Profile

18. the puddings sound epic, Dennis is such a blast form the past! x
    Fritha Strickland recently posted…Win a trip for two to see the northern lightsMy Profile

19. Looks like a great place to visit with little ones 😉 My brother is probably a little too old now for this but he loved soft play areas when he was smaller 😉
    Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade recently posted…Where to eat in London? INITO – Indian Restaurant (Spitalfields) #reviewMy Profile

20. Pingback: The New Thomas Land Expansion Is Now Open! - Zena's Suitcase