If you know anything about me and my family it is that we love Justin Fletcher, Mr Tumble and the CBeebies Live Shows. We were lucky enough to see the tour last year at Nottingham Capital FM arena. It’s hard to believe it was a whole year ago. It was a birthday treat for Princess, and something for us to enjoy as a family before Little Pudding arrived. You can catch up with what we thought here.
I was also lucky enough to get an interview with Justin about the new CBeebies Live Tour, and that got us really excited about Mr Tumble’s Circus. From that point on I was convinced the show was going to be bigger and better than the year before. We can’t wait to see it arrive in Nottingham again, this Easter.
Now Princess is 3, I really think she is going to enjoy the show so much more than she did last year. Mr Tumble and Justin Fletcher are still very much her heroes, and I think the Circus theme is really going to bring the experience to life for her.
To make a show like this happen, and take it round the country is quite a feat in itself. If you ask Justin Fletcher what a Justin & Friends show is like he’ll often describe it as “a rock ‘n’ roll show for pre-schoolers”. We all love seeing our idols perform live on stage whatever our age and CBeebies fans are no different; that’s why we’ve got a truly larger than life show in store for you this Easter – just check out these amazing facts!
- There are 50 members of cast and production crew on this year’s tour who will be living and touring on 3 Double Decker sleeper buses!
- That’s a lot of hungry mouths to feed and we have three touring catering staff who will prepare over 2,000 meals over the course of the tour.
- When you’re playing arena venues you need a larger than life set – it takes four massive articulated lorries to transport the Justin & Friends set and staging from city to city.
- Justin & Friends uses a lot of the same equipment as ‘grown up’ arena shows. The 9m x 5.4m video screen featured in this year’s show was used by Elbow last year.
- It’s really important to get the sound for our shows just right – not too loud and not too quiet – and we have over 75 speakers in our sound system.
- All the audio for the show is transported over a fibreoptic network, using nearly a kilometre of fibre optic cable, approximately the length of 10 football pitches.
- In the SSE Arena Wembley, our sound takes about a second to travel from the stage around the whole arena.
In Justin & Friends: Mr Tumble’s Circus there are going to be some incredible circus performers to show off their skills alongside Justin, Mr Tumble and the CBeebies friends. Lucas and Sam are both amazingly talented unicyclists who have both held the title of British Freestyle Unicycle Champion. Sam has cycled the width of the UK on his unicycle, and not always on solid ground!
This is a collaborative post