The New Thomas Land Expansion Is Now Open!

We had been looking forward to this since we received our invitation.  The opening of the new Thomas Land Expansion had finally arrived and it was all buffers and couplings as we headed to Drayton Manor for the very special event.  Princess’s excitement began to bubble as soon as she saw the signs with Thomas’s familiar face on.  It’s the same when ever we head to our favourite theme park, she loves Thomas Land.

Thomas Land Expansion

We joined the crowds at the entrance to Sodor Airport and waited in anticipation for the Fat Controller to make his very important announcement.  I’ve never seen a crowd of young children wait so patiently for anything.  You knew something very special was in the air.

jeremy's jets thomas land

The young visitors helped the Fat Controller get all the new rides ready for action, before putting them through their paces for the grand opening.  It was peep! peep! all round as Jeremy’s Jets prepared for take off and Captain’s Sea Adventures got ready to take to the waters for the very first time.

captain's sea adventure thomas land

We headed straight to Jeremy’s Jets, as soon as the new rides were declared open. This is one of are favourite rides, and it’s fantastic to see it take centre stage outside Sodor Airport.

Daddy took Princess on Captain’s Sea Adventures, and I could really sense their delight at getting the onlookers, including me and Little Pudding, wet as they fired water cannons at us from the ship’s decks.  I can see so many kids loving this ride, for all the wrong reasons.

fire engine ride

After enjoying some ice cream and popcorn, Princess and I took to Flynn’s Fire and Rescue to put out the engulfing flames putting the residents of Sodor at risk.  It was lovely to catch up with Abi from Angel Eden Blog waiting in the queue.  We’d met a few weeks earlier at Brewer’s Fayre, so it was lovely to see her again.

I was anticipating fighting fire with Princess, beating down the flames in a Mum and Daughter against the world type mission, when my preschooler decided she was going to take to the Fire Engine Cab, and leave me to tackle the flames by myself.  I’m not going to pretend it didn’t look a little odd, but Abi and I had a good giggle about how it looked like I’d decided I was trying this ride out all by myself.  It was still good fun though, and my driver did a very good job indeed.

child at thomas land

Princess enjoyed all the new rides at Thomas Land and chasing bubbles with the children before heading off to explore the rest of the park.  We think the new expansion is great.  It gives visitors a lot more space to enjoy the rides, and the new installations are perfect for little Thomas fans.  I think it’s going to be very popular this summer with a lot of families.

Thomas Land Entertainment

If you’re planning on heading over to Drayton Manor there is a lot more information on the website, and you can also keep up with the latest news on their Facebook page. Have you seen the new expansion?  I’d love to know what you think or if you’r planning to go.

39 Responses to The New Thomas Land Expansion Is Now Open!

1. mama syder says:

This looks like such a lovely day out. My lot are too old for this now, such a shame x
    mama syder recently posted…Visit Cambrils in Spain – The Old TownMy Profile

2. My boys would have loved this several years ago, they were both big Thomas fans when they were little.
    Phoebe @ Lou Messugo recently posted…Orange Festival on the French Riviera – la Fête de l’OrangerMy Profile

3. My son used to adore Thomas The Tank Engine when he was young. I love what they have done with the expansion here.
    A great day out for all the family.

4. Nayna Kanabar says:

My girls used to love Thomas, what a lovely day out.

5. Michelle says:

This looks wonderful! I know my son would have loved this when he was a little boy – he loved Thomas the Tank Engine! x

6. Michelle says:

This looks fantastic, my boy would absolutely love to go there! xx
    Michelle recently posted…Soak Yourself Blanche The Blues Ritual Recipe KitMy Profile

7. Erica Price says:

It was a great day out wasn’t it? We loved Thomas Land before, but it’s even better now.

8. Emma says:

that all looked like such a fun day out.
    Emma recently posted…Dress to Impress at your next Job InterviewMy Profile

9. This looks like a great day out and the rides look perfect for younger ones who often are not able to go on rides at other parks! x
    Jess Howliston recently posted…The Picklesuit **REVIEW**My Profile

10. Louisa says:

It look like a lot of fun, I know my children would love firing water canons at other people!

11. Ickle Pickle says:

Oh this place looks FAB! We have never been. Your photos are lovely, I want to go!! x

12. Sarah Bailey says:

This looks like such fun for Thomas fans – I’m sure I would have adored it as a kid. x

13. Such a fun day out and a must visit place for any Thomas fan
    Boo Roo and Tigger Too recently posted…Chessington World of Adventures – Azteca HotelMy Profile

14. Sandy says:

Oh what a cute little place! Looks like fun. 🙂
    Sandy recently posted…The Walmart Beauty Box – for Spring!My Profile

15. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

I actually enjoyed seeing this because a park near us is opening a Thomas Land this spring and I am curious if it will be similar.

16. Jeanine says:

Wow how fun! My boys all loved and love Thomas. I’m pretty sure this would be heaven for my 3 littlest!

17. Way fun for kids…and those who are young at heart!
    Carol Cassara recently posted…Diego Rivera: painting on wallsMy Profile

18. Sharon says:

This is great! I love taking my kids to these places. Wish they had one here 🙁
    Sharon recently posted…My Conversation With The Devil. Or…What Happened When I Went To TherapyMy Profile

19. I haven’t heard of the the Thomas Land. But I would love to take my boys. They would love it.
    Beth@FrugalFroggie recently posted…Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

20. M from K&M: The Stay-at-Home Life says:

Oh, my goodness! that looks like such fun. I wish we were closer so we could go.

21. Looks fab, glad you had a good find. Your pics are great x
    Beth Twinderelmo recently posted…Bluestone Wales Family HolidayMy Profile

22. Britney says:

Looks like a ton of fun all around! My little one would love the boats!
    Britney recently posted…25 Recipes for Breakfast or BrunchMy Profile

23. This looks so fun!! Thanks for the awesome post!
    Becky | The Cookie Rookie recently posted…Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog TreatsMy Profile

24. Agata says:

Looks like a wonderful day out. I bet all kids would love to visit it.
    Agata recently posted…Pool Fun, Cuddleroar & The Wicked UncleMy Profile

25. Pingback: Stop Smoking Near My Kids! - Zena's Suitcase

26. ha! such a nice place for little kids! Thomas is a lovely character 🙂 I miss those days when my girls used to watch Thomas.
    vidya sudarsan recently posted…Gadgets You Will Love – Face Brush Set by Beauté La RoyaleMy Profile

27. Jacqueline says:

What, omg my nephew would go insane over this! He love Thomas and Percy so much! I love safe rides geared towards the younger kids. I would have the best time seeing their little faces giggling on the rides! What a great thing to have!

28. I really ought to take my two here as the would love it.

29. Jaime Oliver says:

We love it there and the expansion only made it better 🙂 was fab seeing you there x
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Thomas Land Expansion At Drayton ManorMy Profile

30. My boys loved TL when they were younger. They love Drayton Manor a lot
    Jen aka Muminthemadhouse recently posted…Hacks for leftover foodMy Profile

31. Rachel says:

It looks and sounds amazing, my brothers would have loved this when they were younger x

32. Catriona says:

Lovely photos, looks like a great day! I didn’t even know there was a Thomas Land, if Osian’s love for train continues as he gets older I’ll have to look into taking him! xx
    Catriona recently posted…Living Arrows – 15/52My Profile

33. Kara says:

The extension looks fab – I want to take Sebby as he is Thomas mad
    Kara recently posted…Silent Sunday – 12th April 2015My Profile

34. We love it at Thomas Land but missed this as we were in Wales – a trip coming up soon I think!

#UKBloggers

35. ClearlyBex says:

Sorry we didnt get to say I, it’ll be great to meet you sometime. Thomas Land was great, we had a great day too.

36. ohh, my boys would love to visit! I didn’t even know there was such a place.
    Becky Fry (mysparklinglife.com) recently posted…Breakfast With Elmo, Rollor Coasters & A Whale Too! #WildSide15My Profile

37. Pingback: Bank Holiday Fun At Drayton Manor - Zena's Suitcase