The New Thomas Land Expansion Is Now Open!

We had been looking forward to this since we received our invitation.  The opening of the new Thomas Land Expansion had finally arrived and it was all buffers and couplings as we headed to Drayton Manor for the very special event.  Princess’s excitement began to bubble as soon as she saw the signs with Thomas’s familiar face on.  It’s the same when ever we head to our favourite theme park, she loves Thomas Land.

Thomas Land Expansion

We joined the crowds at the entrance to Sodor Airport and waited in anticipation for the Fat Controller to make his very important announcement.  I’ve never seen a crowd of young children wait so patiently for anything.  You knew something very special was in the air.

jeremy's jets thomas land

The young visitors helped the Fat Controller get all the new rides ready for action, before putting them through their paces for the grand opening.  It was peep! peep! all round as Jeremy’s Jets prepared for take off and Captain’s Sea Adventures got ready to take to the waters for the very first time.

captain's sea adventure thomas land

We headed straight to Jeremy’s Jets, as soon as the new rides were declared open. This is one of are favourite rides, and it’s fantastic to see it take centre stage outside Sodor Airport.

Daddy took Princess on Captain’s Sea Adventures, and I could really sense their delight at getting the onlookers, including me and Little Pudding, wet as they fired water cannons at us from the ship’s decks.  I can see so many kids loving this ride, for all the wrong reasons.

fire engine ride

After enjoying some ice cream and popcorn, Princess and I took to Flynn’s Fire and Rescue to put out the engulfing flames putting the residents of Sodor at risk.  It was lovely to catch up with Abi from Angel Eden Blog waiting in the queue.  We’d met a few weeks earlier at Brewer’s Fayre, so it was lovely to see her again.

I was anticipating fighting fire with Princess, beating down the flames in a Mum and Daughter against the world type mission, when my preschooler decided she was going to take to the Fire Engine Cab, and leave me to tackle the flames by myself.  I’m not going to pretend it didn’t look a little odd, but Abi and I had a good giggle about how it looked like I’d decided I was trying this ride out all by myself.  It was still good fun though, and my driver did a very good job indeed.

child at thomas land

Princess enjoyed all the new rides at Thomas Land and chasing bubbles with the children before heading off to explore the rest of the park.  We think the new expansion is great.  It gives visitors a lot more space to enjoy the rides, and the new installations are perfect for little Thomas fans.  I think it’s going to be very popular this summer with a lot of families.

Thomas Land Entertainment

If you’re planning on heading over to Drayton Manor there is a lot more information on the website, and you can also keep up with the latest news on their Facebook page. Have you seen the new expansion?  I’d love to know what you think or if you’r planning to go.

1. April 9, 2015 / 4:21 pm

My son used to adore Thomas The Tank Engine when he was young. I love what they have done with the expansion here.
    A great day out for all the family.

2. Nayna Kanabar
    April 9, 2015 / 4:25 pm

My girls used to love Thomas, what a lovely day out.

3. April 9, 2015 / 4:57 pm

This looks wonderful! I know my son would have loved this when he was a little boy – he loved Thomas the Tank Engine! x

4. April 9, 2015 / 5:49 pm

It was a great day out wasn’t it? We loved Thomas Land before, but it’s even better now.

5. April 9, 2015 / 8:53 pm

This looks like a great day out and the rides look perfect for younger ones who often are not able to go on rides at other parks! x
    Jess Howliston recently posted…The Picklesuit **REVIEW**My Profile

6. April 9, 2015 / 8:57 pm

It look like a lot of fun, I know my children would love firing water canons at other people!

7. April 9, 2015 / 9:38 pm

Oh this place looks FAB! We have never been. Your photos are lovely, I want to go!! x

8. April 9, 2015 / 10:54 pm

This looks like such fun for Thomas fans – I’m sure I would have adored it as a kid. x

9. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    April 10, 2015 / 3:52 pm

I actually enjoyed seeing this because a park near us is opening a Thomas Land this spring and I am curious if it will be similar.

10. April 10, 2015 / 5:14 pm

Wow how fun! My boys all loved and love Thomas. I’m pretty sure this would be heaven for my 3 littlest!

11. I haven’t heard of the the Thomas Land. But I would love to take my boys. They would love it.
    [email protected] recently posted…Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

12. M from K&M: The Stay-at-Home Life
    April 11, 2015 / 5:59 am

Oh, my goodness! that looks like such fun. I wish we were closer so we could go.

13. Jacqueline
    April 12, 2015 / 1:37 am

What, omg my nephew would go insane over this! He love Thomas and Percy so much! I love safe rides geared towards the younger kids. I would have the best time seeing their little faces giggling on the rides! What a great thing to have!

14. April 12, 2015 / 8:05 pm

It looks and sounds amazing, my brothers would have loved this when they were younger x

15. April 13, 2015 / 6:25 am

Lovely photos, looks like a great day! I didn’t even know there was a Thomas Land, if Osian’s love for train continues as he gets older I’ll have to look into taking him! xx
    Catriona recently posted…Living Arrows – 15/52My Profile

16. April 13, 2015 / 8:22 pm

We love it at Thomas Land but missed this as we were in Wales – a trip coming up soon I think!

#UKBloggers

17. April 14, 2015 / 12:17 pm

Sorry we didnt get to say I, it’ll be great to meet you sometime. Thomas Land was great, we had a great day too.