Cool Ways to Create a Fresh Spring Look in Your Home

It’s such a relief that spring is here isn’t it?  Long gone are the cold grey days of winter and we are now enjoying blue skies and lighter nights. Everyone is starting to feel a lot more cheery and it’s a great time to harness these happier emotions and and think about updating your home.  There are many ways to embrace this seasons trends, with small touches to the home to embracing the new fashion for boutique wallpaper for a more dramatic change.  Which ever you choose to do, any of these Spring home decor ideas are bound to lift the mood in your house.

Buy Fresh Flowers

Nothing beats a bunch of colourful fresh flowers and I can guarantee that they are a home decor accessory that will never go out of fashion. They add a wonderful burst of colour to any room and bring those wonderful outdoor scents straight into your home for an all round sensory experience. Make them a central focus for your room and show them off in a new vase to celebrate the new season.  Home accessories with a pops of colour are going to be big this year.  Yellow is my favourite colour this spring as it adds some sunshine to just about any look.

Update Your Bedroom

We always seem to focus on the lounge and dining room, but I think that spring is the perfect time to start thinking about your bedroom look as well.  The colours we wake up to can have a dramatic effect on how we feel when we start the day.  With mornings getting lighter it’s time to look at a new duvet or throw maybe.  It may have stopped being so grey outside, but it’s a colour that can have a calming effect on the home and can work well with this seasons Nordic influences.

Work With This Seasons Trends

Pastels are making a real come back this spring.  We are moving away from the sugary tones, to a softer look that can add colour to the home in a subtle way.  Softer shades of pastel work well with many neutral colour schemes giving them the lift they need to embrace the warmer season.  Home decor is about having fun with colour and expressing your personality.  Staying too neutral can leave a room feeling a little flat.

Think About The Windows

If you want to lift the mood in your home, let as much light in as possible.  Are your curtains and blinds shutting out all that gorgeous sunshine?  Perhaps they are not reflecting the light so well if you still have that winter cosy feel going on in your home.  Light, bright window coverings will help you to harshness spring’s natural energy and create a better sense of space, even in the smallest of rooms.

Be Outdoor Ready

No matter how much outdoor space you have, make sure you are ready to make the most of it with a spring makeover. Maybe you have a small balcony, but a bistro set and some potted plants can soon make it a welcoming space for al fresco dining or relaxing with the morning papers and a fresh coffee.

If you have something a little larger in the garden department, get some basic garden maintenance under way so you can enjoy being outdoors and soaking up the sunshine.  The garden should feel like an extension to your home.  Keep it low maintenance by adding potted planters for bursts of colour.  Gardens don’t need gardener’s to make them look gorgeous and they certainly should not feel like a chore.

Once it’s had a spruce up, add some fresh garden furniture and you’ll be inviting friends round to enjoy it with you in no time.

Are you ready to welcome spring into you home?

1. Sarah Flint
    March 29, 2017 / 8:50 pm

I love fresh flowers, I just wish they lasted longer.

2. March 30, 2017 / 3:26 am

I’m going to prepare my house to celebrate Easter and I do agree with you that sometimes, we forget to fresh our bed room, curtains. So this year, I’ve decided to cover it with pastel pink then bring in some herbs from my little garden too. 😉
    Happy Spring Zenas!

3. March 30, 2017 / 7:48 am

I love having all of the curtains and windows open when the weather gets nice.

4. March 30, 2017 / 1:55 pm

I always have fresh flowers in our hall but they are definitely more spring-like in colour these days. We are about to move home so I’ve been clearly some older stuff and buying fresher looking accessories for our new place, funnily enough in more yellow and pastel shades!

5. Josh Gough
    March 30, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Some great tips that can really turn around a house going down the gutter

6. A S,Edinburgh
    March 30, 2017 / 4:05 pm

I love having fresh flowers in, especially those with a nice strong scent that floats through the whole house. Nice ideas, thank you!

7. March 30, 2017 / 4:09 pm

I don’t have a garden but I wish I did, there is something so soothing about flowers in the garden. My foster mum had a great garden and I remember when I lived there and we used to marvel at the fresh flowers that would blossom during spring x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Step Into Spring With Blue VanillaMy Profile

8. George Wright
    March 31, 2017 / 9:16 am

We’ve already started on the garden, hope to do more this weekend! Also going to try growing some herbs from seed in the kitchen so that will perk up the place too!

9. Jessica
    March 31, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Great tips – I add as much white and light colours to reflect the light and it works great as well to give a spring look even with bad weather.

10. MARGARET gallagher
    April 2, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Beautiful ideas to fill my home with a new freshness -cant wait to try a few out

11. April 2, 2017 / 2:21 pm

Two things I nailed this weekend, freshing up the paint in the bedroom, purely because my daughter painted organe juice with my makeup sponge all over the walls, and fresh flowers! Their is nothing my invigorating than fresh flowers throughout the home and with the windows open.
    Lindsey recently posted…Orange, Carrot, Ginger And Turmeric Booster JuiceMy Profile

12. Carol Thomas
    April 9, 2017 / 6:48 pm

Love this time of the year for all the reasons you have said and more. I am already spring cleaning. Time for freshness

13. April 11, 2017 / 1:12 pm

Nothing like a bunch of colourful fresh flowers to brighten the house.
    Veronica Lee recently posted…Tail & TroubleMy Profile

14. Eleanor Beavan
    April 28, 2017 / 8:48 am

There are some great ideas there ! I love Spring, the weather is just perfect and so much better to do my power walking in !